Looking for a planter that can meet your design challenges? Meet the Wilshire Collection, our most popular commercial planter. Versatility, durability, and customizability set Wilshire planters apart - it's why the landscape architecture community specifies Wilshire planters on so many of their projects, and here's why.
Sizes & Shapes:
Wilshire comes in three shapes rectangular, square, and round. Rectangles are the most popular ranging from 18" L to 120" L, and are available in various heights which make them a building block to design spaces. Line several of them together and create a highly effective way to configure spaces for streetscapes, rooftops, and amenity decks. The elegant straight lines disappear, and the eye-catching plants or flowers can pop!
Wilshire Squares come in 18", 24", 36", 48", 60", and 72", the larger square sizes are great for accommodating trees and are often used as an anchoring focal point. Wilshire Rounds provide a clean modern look especially when grouped together as feature pots. Rounds are available in 18", 24", 30", 36", 42" and 48", 60", and 72".
Finishes & Colors:
Select your choice of Materials & Finishes from metals (powder-coated steel, stainless steel, and weathering steel), FRP fiberglass, and GFRC lightweight concrete - designed to be durable, even for busy streetscapes! Various colors and textures let you choose from smooth to coarse to the touch. Place an order for samples directly from our website to help you select the best color and finish for your project.
Wilshire rectangles built-in fiberglass can also be mounted as Wilshire Hanging Boxes; these hanging planters come in three size ranges up to 120" L. The simple styling works with most building types and adds beautiful greenery and plantings to enhance an industrial outdoor space.
Wilshire rectangles with a trellis system creates an upright design for growing plants or vines. Use our laser-cut metal panels to create a windscreen or Wilshire Screen planter with a privacy screen to create attractive, easy-to-install solutions for screening off unsightly views.
Our planters are made-to-order and customizable to design ideas and specifications, making them the ultimate building block for both landscape architects and contractors.
- Cast-in Accessory Pockets - Add pockets to hold lighting, audio, electrical, USB ports, or junction boxes; or cast in space for sliding or swinging doors to create hidden spaces for irrigation controls or storage access.
- Scoops - Modify the planter interior with scoops, a feature added to allow multiple single, modular planters to appear to form a continuous area for planting.
- Casters - Add mobility to most small and medium-sized FRP and GFRC planters (not larger than 48" or very narrow pots).
- Drain Holes - Add draining, as most of our FRP planters are delivered without drain holes to allow the contractor to verify the correct location before drilling. We are happy to pre-drill drain holes in either GFRC lightweight concrete or FRP fiberglass pots when requested.
- TourneSeal - Add waterproofing to the interior of the planter when a container needs to be watertight. Our TourneSeal coating system is a liquid-applied, elastomeric waterproofing material designed to seal the pot. While we water test every planter coated with TourneSeal, best practices (and our warranty) demand that the installing contractor field test with 6" of water to confirm the absence of installation or shipping damage before planting.
- Bioretention - Add on-structure organic filter for stormwater systems as we have several standard configurations and can customize as desired.
Our standard warranty is that Tournesol will repair or replace product that contains a defect in material or workmanship for a period of three years from the date it is delivered to the initial purchaser. Durability and customer satisfaction is our main goal.
Tournesol's Wilshire Collection is the best commercial option on the market, it's a versatile workhorse, and it is built to last. So, don't get fooled by the imposters - your project and reputation are too important. Success starts here!